Meet the Board
- Alumnus of South East Local Schools district, has a 20-year career in education.
- Former social studies teacher, principle and superintendent at Waynedale High School
- Currently Lucas Local School District superintendent
- Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Presently serving as a co-chair of the Richland County Foundation, a non-profit organization in Mansfield, Ohio.
General duties as a member of the Lucas Community Center board will be to serve as the secretary of the organization and the communications director. Carrie is married and has two children.
Margaret McGrew Martin
- 1966 Lucas High School graduate.
- B.S. degree in Elementary Education from Ashland University.
- Masters degree in Supervision from Ashland University.
- Taught Kindergarten and First Grade at Western Elementary in Lexington, Ohio for 45 years.
- Member of First Presbyterian Church in Mansfield, Ohio..
Margaret is the administrator for the Lucas Community Center helping to expand programs for all ages and interest levels. She has two grown children and four grandchildren.
- BS in Sports Medicine from Mount Union College in Alliance, OH.
- BS in Physician Assistant Studies from King’s College in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- MS in Physician Assistant Studies from Arizona School of Health Sciences.
- Currently employed by Avita Health System at the Bellville Urgent Care.
- Physician Assistant for 20+ years
- Current Lucas School Board member.
- Past Board member for Habitat for Humanity of Morrow County, Ohio, Association of Physician Assistants and past church council member at Mt. Zion Lutheran Church.
- Married to Nate Arnold and a resident of the Lucas area since 2002.
- 3 children – Jacob, Tristen, and Keegan.
- BA from Milligan College in Elizabethton, TN
- MDIV from Golden Gate Theological Seminary
- Pastor of Grace Bible Church in Lucas
- Pastored churches in California, Tennessee and Ohio
- Enjoys photography, birding and hiking
- Bill is a graduate of Lucas High School.
- He received his bachelor’s degree from Ashland College and Master’s Degree from Akron University.
- He retired in 2013 with 39 years in public education, 29 years as an administrator in several positions in school districts in northwest Ohio.
- Bill attends Pleasant Valley Lutheran Church, serves on the church council and represents PV on the Lucas Area Ministerial Association.
- He is Lucas Lions Club Treasurer.
- Bill and Marilyn have two children, Brandon and Emily and three grandchildren; Will, Ensley and Mia.
• Taught English for 4 years in Paulding County, Ohio, and 13 years at Mansfield Christian School, where I also served as the Librarian.
William Zirzow- ex officio
- Founder and owner of Town Money Saver (22 years in business).
- Served as board member for three years for St. Gabriel Radio.
- 1st degree knight in Knights of Columbus.
- Lion in Lucas Lions club.
- Parish Council at St. Mary of the Snows.
As President of the Lucas Community Center Board his duties will include maintaining a commitment to the vision and mission of the board, troubleshooting issues, assisting to craft a long term organization that is truly the community’s and one which lives past the current members.
Mark Masters- ex-officio
Mark serves as President and CEO of Mechanics Bank. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Bowling Green State University. Mark has been in banking over 30 years, and before that, worked as a Certified Public Accountant.
Mark has extensive community service experience and currently serves on the boards of the North Central State College, Richland County Foundation, Richland County Development Group (RCDG), Richland County Growth Corporation, Richland County Regional Planning Commission, and Richland Carrousel Park. He is the 2018 Chairperson for United Way of Richland County’s community campaign.
Additionally, Mark is Elder and Senior Minister at the Illinois Avenue Apostolic Christian Church. He and his wife, Jeannine, live in the Lucas community; they have 5 grown children and 11 grandchildren.